1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VMAs...no thread yet?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Sep 7, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

To hell with all of you. I was counting on you guys!

OK, so Jordin Sparks just comes out and throws a little personal comment at the beginning of her speech, obviously unscripted. Something about how it's fine to wear a promise ring, because "not every girl wants to be a slut."

She then introduced TI, who was performing "Whatever You Like," a song about...buying gifts for the woman he's indiscriminately nailing. Good times.

Did anyone see Britney?

2. BigSleeper

BigSleeper Active Member

The VMAs on the same night as Hole in the Wall? Now that's epic programming fail.

:D

3. imjustagirl

OK, I'm officially older than even I thought. At least I'd heard of the Jonas Brothers, even if I'd never heard them.

Something called Tokio Hotel just won best new artist. I've got nothing.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

Kids these days.

5. imjustagirl

Shut up, gramps!

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

A) This host is an idiot and it was good to see Jordan Sparks have a "fuck you buddy" moment.
    B) I've never heard of Tokio whatever. But Ms. Slappy and I were trying to figure out the dark-haired things, gender when I finally saw an adam's apple bob... WTF

7. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

Hell, I've never heard of them. And we're having a party for it here. Playing a drinking game is the only reason I'll watch it for the first time in 5 years. I find it funny that we don't get it live despite the fact I'm like a 10 minute walk from where it takes place.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Braggart! First you brag about not grabbing Harrison Ford's ass and now this. :mad: ;) :D

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I have clothes older than them

10. imjustagirl

Ha! I was here talking to someone saying I'd never heard of them. Then the one ... thing started talking and I said "Oh my god, that's a guy!"

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

It had its chin down so it was hard to tell... and the "Pat-like" voice didnt help.

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

So who were the award winners?

Draft saved Draft deleted