1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Viva Suck-lin! (running thread)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 18, 2007.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

We are supposed to know you don't watch commercials? Calm the fuck down.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

It wasn't me in general. Why start a thread that doesn't say something? Or why post on it while ignoring a question as simple as "What show?"

Just...weird.

And if you think that's me fired up? Well, you haven't been around much.

3. joe

joe Active Member

So, it's the suckiest suck-ass suck that ever sucked a suck? I guess it's pretty serious.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I agree that the thread title was too vague. I have heard of this show, only because my mother will watch anything with Hugh Jackman in it, but it looks awful. Jackman is an executive producer and will be a recurring guest star or some shit like that. Of course, that way they can stick him in every commercial to suck some female viewers in.

I'll have to get mom's report on this one. No way I'll waste five minutes on it.

5. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I am absolutely astonished that this show got greenlighted. It's like CBS suits had a meeting and someone said, "Look at American Idol and Dancing With the Stars! People like to watch singing and dancing!"

Two words -- Cop Rock -- should have put an end to any such meeting.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Somebody needs to realize that having Hugh Jackman involved in the project only guarantees success if he's got claws.

So unless his recurring character turns out to be Wolverine in disguise and we get to see him hack some of the singers and dancers to pieces, I don't give this one much time.

7. Cape_Fear

Cape_Fear Active Member

I'm going to check it out if only to compare it to the BBC version, Viva Blackpool, which was pretty good.

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

If it has Hugh Jackman, I wll watch. That is all.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    FLLLLLLLLL-aming!
    (I keed. I keed.)

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Even if he really was one of Liza Minelli's gay ex-husband's, I'd still want him.

11. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I may be the only one here who annually goes to Laughlin (we like Lake Mojave). I am going to tivo this Piece O' Shit show just to see any scenery we recognize.

And IJAG's right. The title of this thread stunk.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The first line of the NYT review:

“Viva Laughlin” on CBS may well be the worst new show of the season, but is it the worst show in the history of television?

Draft saved Draft deleted