1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VIVA LA VICKBALL!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 6, 2006.

1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Vick's playing the 2-6 Cleveland Browns in the middle of the regular season AT HOME, not the New England Patriots, on the road in the playoffs.

Next Question

2. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

So are you saying that those dropped passes were Peyton's fault? Dropped balls are not the quarterback's fault. Period.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

4. Chuck~Taylor

So your saying that if a reciever drops the ball, it's the quarterback's fault.

5. heyabbott

No what is being said is that Micael Vick can do no wrong, that whatever good happens is because of his perfection as a football player and athlete. Anything that isn't perfect is because the entire universe has conspired to deny him his just due and acclaim. Much as Jesus was perfect, yet crusified, so is Vick.

6. HoopsMcCann

no, i'm saying that it's never the great vick's fault. His team loses despite Him and He is the most incredible player to set foot on a 100-yard field and we should quit nit-picking just because His teams don't win, instead we should understand and appreciate His greatness

7. Chuck~Taylor

Again, for the 100000th time. He's not the greatest passer in the world, but he's not as bad as people think he is. If there was pass protection and the receivers would stop dropping balls, Vick's passing numbers(surprise,surprise) would improve. That's the reason why Vick played so well in those two weeks. The pass protection was great and the coaches got Vick in situations to throw down the field instead of all those dump passes.

8. HoopsMcCann

He is the greatest player to ever play the game!

i'm confused, because i didn't get those games on tv... but in those two weeks where He showed us he was truly the greatest player ever, did He catch the balls He threw Himself?

9. heyabbott

YES

10. Chuck~Taylor

*sigh* Everytime I make a point, you go to the "Vick is the greatest player" sarcasm crap.

11. HoopsMcCann

everytime i make a point, you go to the 'vick has to play 11-on-1' crap

and thanks heyabbott for answering my question

(and in all fairness, chuck is just picking up on an old fight he wasn't around for, when everyone's favorite poster kept telling us how vick was going to 'revolutionize the game and we were all racists for doubting His greatness)

12. loveyabye

loveyabye Guest

Vick has had a terrible game. Can't turn over the ball every other drive!

Draft saved Draft deleted