1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

VIVA LA VICKBALL!!!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Oz, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Just to explain, I didn't create this thread to mock Almost Famous or Chuck Taylor on a weekly basis, even if that's what might happen here quite frequently. Weekly. Daily. OK, hourly.

I created this thread to ensure that the running NFL threads from week to week don't dissolve into Vick threads. It happened last week when Almost Famous returned from the Georgia Dome, and it happened again this week with Chuck Taylor in the middle of what might have been the biggest game of the season to date, Colts-Patriots. I don't frequent the running thread to read nonstop about Vick. He should not dominate the conversation with so much action around the league.

Thus, this thread. All things Vick come here.

Want to remind us Vick can part the Red Sea and expects the Spanish Inquisition, bring it here. Want to remind us that Vick's receivers can't catch any passes and that the Falcons have a Pop Warner offensive line, bring it here. Want to remind us that Vick is terribly overrated and is far from an elite quarterback, bring it here.

No more Vick-jacks to the running NFL threads, please. Thank you.

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It's a nice effort, but I fear it's destined to fail.

3. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Michael Vick's tears cure herpes. Sadly, Michael Vick has never cried.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

P'shaw. Ryan Sonner taught Vick everything he knows about the quarterback position. He's the real reason for the Vickolution!

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

I've never seen Oz so determined. :D ;D :D

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I played a Black Sabbath LP backwards on my turntable at 78 RPM and saw Michael Vick.

Einstein stated that nothing can travel the speed of light. Michael Vick immediately threw one of his passes at Einstein, propeling him 10 times the speed of light, thus proving Einstein wrong.

9 out of 10 dentists recommend flossing and mouth wash. Michael Vick is the tenth dentist.

Only a few of you will know how I came to these conclusions. You ... and Michael Vick.

7. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Man, you have no idea. Colts-Patriots on TV and all anyone can talk about is Vick? Like we don't have all week or season to debate that one. Colts-Pats doesn't happen everyday. Something had to be done.

Besides, this thread has tremendous upside. :D

8. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ron Mexico lives!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Michael Vick once threw a pass so far that only Michael Vick could run it down.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Michael Vick puts an extra spring in the Codas' steps.

11. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Atlanta officials actually wanted to rename the GeorgiaDome to Vick Palace. However, the Vick Tribunal Council came to the conclusion that doing so would be damning Michael Vick with weak praise.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Even as Ron Mexico, Michael Vick ain't stealing Ryan Sonner's woman.

Draft saved Draft deleted