1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vitaminwater?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SixToe, May 31, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Same here. I usually drink one around 9 a.m. at work. Gives me a little wake-up call.

2. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I used to devour XXX like crazy but I too noticed the sugar content & have switched to the Crystal Light mix-ins.

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

VitaminWater lists its caloric content as 50 cal/ per 8 oz serving. But guess what, one bottle is 20 oz. That's almost 150 calories in one bottle; a can of Coke has 105 calories. The 13g of sugar in one serving becomes closer to 30g when you drink the whole bottle.

Drink it if you like it, but not because it's 'healthy.'

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

The sugar content in VitaminWater is the reason I switched back to G2 (light Gatorade). VitaminWater tastes good but is just too damn sweet.

5. We swore on my beat it was the ultimate Friday night hangover cure. Not sure if there was any truth to it whatsoever, but it became accepted as truth after so long.

6. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

I used to drink the Lemonade kind a lot, but I've since quit and gone back to drinking regular wate.

7. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I have a hard time drinking any flavored drink while I'm working out. Just makes me even more thirsty, so I just stick to water.

8. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

Did anybody see Vitaminwater get made fun of on The Simpsons?

At the neighborhood Podunk grocery store, 32-ounce Gatorades are always cheaper than 20-inch Vitaminwaters.

So guess what I choose?

If that's more sugar, oh well. I'm still a journalist who weighs less than 200 pounds. I think that's considered "skinny" in this profession.

9. schiezainc

schiezainc Well-Known Member

I like Vitaminwater during workouts, especially the 10-calorie per serving ones. Good stuff.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Vitamin Water and Gatorade still have way too much sugar.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

They have Low Cal Vitamin Water which is fairly solid. Ten calories per serving. It is watered down. But if you care about the calories, then you don't care about the watered down taste.

12. jps

jps Active Member

taken care of for me ... so ... ditto.

Draft saved Draft deleted