1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vitale kiss 'no laughing matter'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Dick Whitman, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Yep, who'd have imagined that, in a story involving a Kentucky fan and vile threatening messages, the UK fan would be the one on the receiving end. Aren't they the ones most notorious for dishing out this sort of thing over the years?

Ace likes this.
  2. RecoveringJournalist

RecoveringJournalist Well-Known Member

Yeah, I think you could argue that Kentucky hoops fans exist to make Bama football fans seem sane. :D

3. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I was talking to my wife the other day and we agreed the most unrealistic thing about the show Justified is that all those Kentucky hillbillies don't spend their time obsessing about Cal and the Cats. They should have had a subplot with Dewey Crow and Ellen Mae trying to pull some caper to get SEC tournament tickets.

4. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Tell me about it. You haven't had fun on Twitter until the kysportsradio lowest-common denomintator posse starts attacking you for being against Cal and the Cats.

One-syllable words still sting.

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I think her cousin or some other relative was involved with the hockey team and she agreed to do the poster because of him. And in the lower right corner of the poster, it IDs her as a Kentucky alumnus.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

7. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

If she's going to take on apologizing for UK fans online she's going to have to make it her full time job.

Ace and FileNotFound like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted