1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Visiting Chicago this spring ... UPDATE

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Jan 21, 2008.

1. Sly

Sly Active Member

No problem with her support of the Cubs, but the millions of new Cubs fans who have "suffered" since Oct. 2003 start to get a bit tiresome. I say this as a Cubs fan.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I don't think she said she was suffering.

But hey, whatever. It's your pointless fight.

3. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

You know what? This has gotten a little fucking ridiculous. If this outs me, fine.

I'm from Missouri. I went to college in the fall of '01. That means I saw one month of baseball that season and really started watching in '02.

If I wanted to be a fan of a winning team, I would have jumped over and become a Cardinals fan at the first sign of them winning anything. I'm from fucking Missouri. Do you know the shit I go through being a Cubs fan in that damn state?

So if you're here to start shit, you can be done because you have your answers.

4. Sly

Sly Active Member

Eh, no need to get your undies in a bunch. You come to Chicago, I'll take you to Wrigley and show you how it's done. Though I'll have to ask that you brush up on your Chuck McElroy and Les Lancaster knowledge.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

My husband grew up a mile and a half from Wrigley. I think I'm in good hands. Thanks, though.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  7. Jones

Jones Active Member

I believe this thread has come to typify the ethos popularly known as "the Chicago way."

8. He's sly as a manatee, this one.

9. pallister

pallister Guest

He never had a chance.

10. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

ESPN Zone, Nike Town on the mile and the Virgin record store are all must see places that wont cost you money Like Shedd.

They make you pay more to see the sharks. Damn them.

11. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

ESPNZone? Seriously? How many times have you actually been to Chicago?

12. pallister

pallister Guest

I've been to the ESPNZone in Chicago, and if I want to eat lunch in a recliner while drinking beer and watching sports, I'll stay at my brother's and save $100.

Draft saved Draft deleted