1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Visiting Chicago this spring ... UPDATE

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, Jan 21, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Do the Indians suck? I don't watch baseball.

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Fixed. I mean, really. They're tied with the Royals. Do you really think that's something to be proud of?

3. pallister

pallister Guest

I don't know, is being a fan of a team that hasn't won anything in a century really something to be proud of? :)

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Being loyal to a team even when they're not winning anything in a century is something to be proud of in my book. 8)

5. imjustagirl

How long have you been a Cubs fan? I know some who have been their whole lives, and others who joined up because they like pinstripes, and others who like them because they like Wrigley.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I've only been to Wrigley once in my life, so it's not because I like Wrigley.

Honestly, I didn't love baseball growing up, but when it was on, it was the Royals. When I moved to college, the only games we got on our cable system were Cardinals, Cubs and Braves, and I refused to watch the Cardinals.

I've always loved Chicago and that love transferred to the Cubs when those games were at my fingertips in college. And college was the time when I really fell in love with baseball.

7. imjustagirl

I just didn't know, because I knew you weren't from there.

Cool.

8. Sly

Sly Active Member

Weren't you the person who had never heard of Mark Grace before a few months ago?

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

No. She didn't know what he looked like. Considering she didn't watch the Cubs until two years after Grace left, that's understandable.

10. Sly

Sly Active Member

11. imjustagirl

Thank god SOMEONE started talking about Mark Grace. I've been dying to post this since Saturday.

I'm sitting in a sports bar in the lobby of a Hilton, directly in front of three big-screen TVs. The left two are on the hoops, the right one on Fox's baseball coverage. I look over there, and blurt out "Who's the fat fuck, Kevin-Costner-looking motherfucker?"

Um...Mark Grace has not aged well. Damn. Damn. Damn.

12. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Draft saved Draft deleted