1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vision Quest remake

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Smallpotatoes, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b158866_taylor_lautner_envisions_quest.html

You know you're getting old when they're remaking movies they made when you were in college.
    I could take or leave the movie, but the book was one of my favorites when I was a kid.

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

No one wants to wrestle Shute.

3. fishhack2009

fishhack2009 Active Member

Can we leave a 50-year-old Madonna out?

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Yes, absolutely. But where could we find a new and possibly even more bizarre dance-rooted performer who has the potential to take over and dominate mainsteam music and pop culture for the next couple of decades, by the force of her personality if not necessarily by the quality of her music? Hmmmm......

[​IMG]

Actually, I'd prefer to see her on the wrestling mat in this remake. Taylor Lautner would piss his pants at the thought of having to fight her.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. fishhack2009

Only if she's wearing that. Dang, she's the new Madonna in a nutsack ... er, nutshell, isn't she? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  6. BYH

BYH Active Member

It's like someone saw TSP's Worst Movie thread and decided to greenlight a new candidate.

7. fishhack2009

We're blowin' up!! :D

8. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

The movie has several unintentionally funny moments though.

From Kooch, the stereotypical native American with a drinking problem and abusive father, to Forest Whitacker taking Charles Jefferson to the wrestling mat. But nothing, I mean nothing, beats Matthew Modine's character trying to bed Linda Fiorentino by bragging how he could have lost his virginity in the eighth grade when a bunch of his friends were running a train on his friend's sister. Somehow, he says, that just didn't feel right and he just felt sorry for her instead.

9. fishhack2009

Ah, those were the days ... Forrest Whittaker in two athlete roles: The hulking football star in "Fast Times" and the "Vision Quest" role.

10. BYH

BYH Active Member

[​IMG]

"Make up your mind! Is he gonna shit or is he gonna kill us?"
    "First he's gonna shit! Then he's gonna kill us!"

11. fishhack2009

"Got those Earth Wind and Fire tickets?"

[​IMG]

"Somebody's Baby" should be permanently renamed as "The Jennifer Jason Leigh Gets Nailed Song"
    ... :D

12. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Hey, don't use that great movie to distract from the GREATEST, and by greatest I mean terribly awful, movie of the 80s.

Draft saved Draft deleted