1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Virtual Sadness

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Italian_Stallion, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Italian_Stallion

Italian_Stallion Active Member

Ten years ago, I created an audacious Web site with dancing GIF skeletons and a shocking bright orange background. I created the entire thing using HTML code I wrote myself. The Web world has achieved much in the past 10 years, and my site, which hadn't been updated since I built it, was a reminder of a lost world, one where a MIDI version of your favorite rock song was considered cool.

Today, as I was thinking that the site might give an inaccurate depiction of my current web skills, I decided to take it down. I spent a good 10 minutes just trying to remember my password. Thankfully, that hadn't changed much in the past decade. I had more trouble remembering my membername.

With the click of a few buttons, I wiped out all of it. It was a very sad moment. How it lasted all those years without the host site pulling it down is beyond me. About once a year, though, I'd type in the address, if I could even remember it, and there it was. I built that site the same year I met my wife. I had a sappy section dedicated to her that I never quite finished before actual life took over. Ah, so sad.

2. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

Cheer Up Emo Kid!

Draft saved Draft deleted