1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Virginian-Pilot

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Editude, Sep 22, 2012.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

Saw this on the APSE site the other day. If a job is posted, this would be in the jobs section. And with the youngest Editude an interested consumer, good luck to Colleen in her new gig:

Virginian-Pilot, Norfolk, Va.: Colleen McDaniel has left her job as sports editor and moved to New Jersey to become managing editor of Cruise Critic (cruisecritic.com).

2. boundforboston

boundforboston Well-Known Member

No job: https://twitter.com/APSE_sportmedia/status/247769989350825985

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

They filled it quick. Colleen gave them more than a month's notice. One of my favorite people in the biz - I told her she owes me a cruise. Very happy for her.

4. Editude

Editude Active Member

I'm told Tom starts in sports on Wednesday. That's a pretty well-run product in Norfolk.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

+1. Worked together out here before she went to the Pilot.

Heard this was coming down a while ago. Her last day was the day after Labor Day.

6. sm72

sm72 Member

I love Colleen. She gave me my start. And if you want a cruise, get in line: Pretty much every sports reporter there told her they'll do some freelance for her. Tom White, former deputy SE who was the Suburban Team editor for a while, takes over as full SE Wednesday. He's a great guy, too.

Draft saved Draft deleted