1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Virginian-Pilot redesign

Discussion in 'Design Discussion' started by Mystery_Meat, Jun 7, 2007.

1. Editude

Editude Active Member

Paper is usually ahead of the design curve, but I think I want off this particular road. Maybe print covers and Web home pages will become one and the same.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

When will papers get it? Screw the bells and whistles, give me a cleanly designed paper with none of those hideous all-cap headlines on A-1 and something that I can read.

3. In Cold Blood

In Cold Blood Member

has there been any market research to show that readers like these new, super colorful, super busy, heavy on the refers and briefs newspapers?

I know I'm not the typical newspaper reader, but I like sitting down to an article that's more than seven inches long. does grey space really scare off readers as much as newspaper people think?

4. here's the Baltimore Sun's explanation:

Why do you have all this stuff on the front page about stories inside the paper?

One thing our readers have told us is that, with limited time to devote to the paper each day, they appreciate anything we can do to point them to stories or features of interest. So we are increasing what we call navigational aids, to help you find what you may be looking for.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/about/bal-redesign-faqs,0,3414734.htmlstory

Draft saved Draft deleted