1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Virginia Tech Panel Releases Report

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

www.governor.virginia.gov

It's 300 pages of seperated PDF files.

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

I say this with all respect to the families who lost loved ones, but I have a feeling this was a big exercise in time-wasting.

A kid who had issues went and shot up 30 others. He wanted to do it, so he did it. It's a shame.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Read the report then. It's long, and I didn't read it all. But I've read a substantial amount and it is very thorough. Family members looking to assign blame will have some targets, though most of it goes to Cho. The report was critical of the school's way of alerting students to what was up, and called out Tech Police for an error in the very initial investigation into the double shooting at the dorm. But the report also said it's understandable how they got that wrong initially and that the police were incapable of stopping Cho.

In fact, one quote says that University and Blacksburg Police saved lives with their actions in the Norris Hall shootings, and that their response there, and really to both shooting scenes, was nothing short of great.

4. From what I've read of it, it seems the real culpability on the part of the VT administration comes in the time between the first two murders and the carnage.

Draft saved Draft deleted