1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Virginia Lawmaker Wants To Protect Residents From The Coming Of The Anti-Christ

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Feb 10, 2010.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Having covered the Virginia state legislature in times past, it's always been an interesting body that our national Congress seems to take cues from. In that, I mean a body encompassed by generally unedcuated twits that is so gridlocked it's a wonder anything of substance gets done. Rarely does that happen though.

Enter one enterprising lawmaker who wants to protect you from what could, possibly, end up being the mark of the beast should you decide you don't want it. He's not a theologian, mind you (his words, not mine), but apparently he's heard about the stories in the Book of Revelation and, well, it's time to legislate!!!!!!

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/09/AR2010020903796_pf.html

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

This sentence in the story stuck out for me:

"I just think you should have the right to control your own body," Cole said.

Yet, Cole is a pro-lifer who has sponsored legislation against abortion:

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2005/012005/01122005/1634699/index_html

http://www.fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2003/012003/01282003/862909/index_html

3. UPChip

UPChip Well-Known Member

Re: Virginia Lawmaker Wants To Protect Residents From The Coming Of The Anti-Chr

That was a great punch with that quote at the end.

"At least when Nero fiddled, they got good music."

4. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

Idiot. Next thing you know one of Pat Robertson's buddies will be occupying the governor's mansion and a guy obsessed with homosexuals will be attorney general.

5. Those are not incompatible opinions.

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm just thankful Obama did not take away my robot insurance.

So is Cole defending his child abducting constituents? What about his lost and disoriented elderly voting base?

7. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm with him on the microchip thing. No way I'm in favor of that, albeit for far different reasons than wingut legislator is.

The antichrist stuff? Well, I'm tired of this notion that I should have respect for religion when respect for religion means I have to be respectful of stupidity.

8. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Good cause.

Specious reasoning.

Simply, all necessary roadblocks need to be thrown up against Corporates Uber Alles. F that bullshit.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Then stop using your cell phone and use cash for everything. Stop using those discounts cards that Kroger or CVS gives you.

If something can be placed in me that tells people I have a metal plate in my leg or that I have some allergy or what meds I am currently taking if I have a terrible car crash 500 miles from home, then cut me open.

10. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That's your choice. It should stay that way.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

Exactly. It's the involuntary implants that are questionable.

12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

And I want them to stay truly optional, not optional in the sense that "You don't have to, but nobody will hire you, you can deal with the government in any way, and you can't get health care" sort of way.

Draft saved Draft deleted