1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Virginia Congressman Pwns The UN

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Jun 12, 2008.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Congressman Frank Wolf is a moderate GOPer in Northern Virginia cruising to an eighth term in office this November. He's one of those yesterday who mentioned China has been hacking into congress' computers to mine data. In his district is Prince William County, Virginia, which is the scene of one of the sharpest disputes over illegal immigration in the country. Apparently the UN wants to take a peek to see what's going on there, on top of all the other area rights groups that are doing so. Here's his letter, which seemed pretty spot on to me.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

There is no more corrupt and irrelevant organization on the planet than the United Nations.

3. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I like McCain's plans for a League of Democracies, ostensibly to replace this failed organization.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

I would prefer a Justice League.

5. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Loved the "Best Wishes".

6. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

McCain seems to forget that the League of Nations that preceded the U.N. was even more of an epic failure.

Frankly, the idea of a multi-national organization trying to wield authority over such a disparate collection of nations is foolhardy. Both the League of Nations and the United Nations have proven that.

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Yeah I thought that was a nice touch too.

8. zagoshe

zagoshe Well-Known Member

But if the UN is disbanded what will happen to all of those black helicopters?

9. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Retrofitted to run on ethanol.

10. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Not to mention the blue helmets.

Seriously, good for Wolf. It would be interesting to read if the UN guy writes a response.

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Active Member

Fixed.

(Aviation fuel is more like diesel than gasoline or ethanol.)

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

He makes some excellent points in his letter.

Draft saved Draft deleted