1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Violence in the Ivory Coast

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

But now that he has acted, further actions will be expected.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Oh, I'm mostly just making fun.

Remember when the British press was calling Tony Blair Bush's poodle?

If Obama follows Sarkozy into another war, does he become his poodle?

(Still kidding.)

3. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I fail to see what is wrong with letting our allies do some of the work for a change. In fact I think it's an excellent idea. Let THEIR voters and taxpayers pick up a few tabs. It's about time.

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I agree. Especially in a place like the Ivory Coast which has always been more in France's sphere of influence.

But, in most situations, it's going to be our dollars because we have the most resources.

6. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

hence my using the term "so-called 'Obama Doctrine,'" you friggin idiot. If I was "making up a meaning" then explain why you and others understood exactly what I was talking about. Then go back to your sad, lonely life.

7. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I don't understand exactly what you are talking about and I don't think you do either. I am not surprised you would respond this way, because all of your comments are guided by "(R) means good and (D) means bad." But you just go ahead and extrapolate whatever anti-Obama meaning you want out of whatever action has just occurred, knowing full well that you would be in 100 percent support if it were President McCain making the exact same decision.

Relative to Libya vs. Ivory Coast, there is a vast difference in our capabilities and requirements -- a quick airstrike against the side we know is the bad guy vs. a mysterious entry into something where we really don't have prior experience. But in the larger sense, every situation is different, and one military action does not necessarily set precedent for another.

8. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

Apparently you do not know me very well. However, as you are one of those "D" means good and "R" means evil, welcome to hypocriteville. And, according to your creative analysis, I suggest you read this again very slowly (get help if you have problems with comprehension):
    "the right is going to point this out and ask what he is going to do about it. And the left will, correctly, point out that the UN is already there."
    Verbatum from my first post in this thread. Look at that little word after "And the left will," and tell me if that jives with your statement that all my comments are guided by "(R) means good and (D) means bad." Also, tell me what decisions I would have be in 100 percent support of if it were McCain making the exact same decision. Or maybe, just maybe, you are just arguing because you do not share my political beliefs and are as closed-minded as people of your ilk always say the Republicans are. Or maybe, I guess, you are just stupid and have problems with reading comprehension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.