1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vinny Testaverde...another HOF argument

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by CarltonBanks, Aug 26, 2011.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Threw a Hall of Fame lob on Tecmo, which was actually often an asset as it allowed Mark Carrier to sky for the TD.

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I think Testaverde merits Hall of Fame consider- ... dammit, I couldn't finish that sentence with a straight face.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Is there a deserving QB who isn't in?

Somehow, I doubt it.

4. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

What if Vinny Testaverde were white?

5. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

He'd be slower and smarter.

6. Mizzougrad96

There is a part of me that wonders if Testaverde would have been a lot better off if he hadn't wound up in Tampa, where he had that God awful first season as a starter (his second season). If there was a snake-bit organization in the NFL in the 1980s it was Tampa, between Bo Jackson refusing to sign and playing baseball to high draft picks that seemed like sure things becoming huge disappointments (of which Testaverde definitely was...) He had some respectable, even good, seasons, but none of them were in Tampa.

7. CarltonBanks

CarltonBanks New Member

I cannot wait to bomb my cousin's email inbox with a link to this thread. His head is going to pop off. Jets fanbois are funny and sad at the same time.

8. Mizzougrad96

Be sure to also tell him that Joe Namath is the worst QB in the Hall of Fame. :D

9. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

He really, really, REALLY is.

10. Mizzougrad96

I've lost track of people who have made cases for guys like Plunkett, Simms, Anderson, Stabler etc... by saying, "Look at his numbers compared to Namath."

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

can't believe i've wasted precious seconds of my life to declare NO EFFIN' WAY on vinnie, a very sweet guy. the hof is not about yards compiled for qbs who were durable enough to play for a long time, just not at a very high level. vinny had a couple of hog-worthy seasons, tops, on the back end of his career. didn't win many games at all as a starter. never won a supe. the list goes on and on.

a ridiculous case made by a most ridiculous fanboi -- even manky agrees this is beyond prepostrous.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

He will go in the HOF as a Bear:

[​IMG]

And for Bubbler:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted