1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vinny Cerrato "resigns"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Dec 17, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

All that said, I don't trust the local TV reporters here to break wind without shitting their pants, much less news of a possible head coach sighting.

2. JackReacher

Now, when you go to the Fox site and --after searching for five minutes -- you get the following when you click on the Shanny in Ashburn link...

"Uh oh... that page could not be found."

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the ESPN 980 building, Czabe is doing a happy dance and he isn't going to stop until after Christmas.

I know with Allen coming in, Danny Boy is, in essence, channeling the old Redskins family tree again. But I'll hold out on seeing a change until Vinny is clearly out of the picture (not as a consultant or tennis buddy) and Snyder gets the hell out of the way and let Allen do what he has been hired to do.

4. JackReacher

If Danny really wanted to channel the Redskins legends of old, he'd hire Russ Grimm as head coach.

5. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

If Gruden became the Redskin coach, I would be very interested because I think he is entertaining as hell as a coach. I would probably go out of my way to watch them play.

Shanny, not so much.

I have a feeling Gruden would spike an interest in the team that Shanny could not.

6. JackReacher

I think Gruden and Shanahan are upgrades over Zorn, obviously. And I think both would do a fine enough job. I just like the attitude Gruden would bring. A much-needed change at Redskins Park. I wouldn't be terribly disappointed with Shanahan, though.

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

shanahan didn't do diddley without elway. gruden rode brad freakin' johnson to a super bowl win.

i'd take gruden, though i concur with those who have opined his rep as a qb guru is far from deserved.

8. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

That's hilarious.

Draft saved Draft deleted