1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vinny Cerrato "resigns"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Flying Headbutt, Dec 17, 2009.

1. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong. It's definitely good news.

I'm just saying that if we woke up tomorrow to find that Snyder sold the team to John Kent Cooke, I'd be celebrating. THAT's what would get me really gleeful. I know it's not going to happen. That's why my enthusiasm is somewhat tempered.

2. PopeDirkBenedict

PopeDirkBenedict Active Member

As a Cowboys fan, I hope Snyder keeps Cerrato around as an adviser.

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You will get you wish. Cerrato isn't leaving the building. He'll be in Snyder's ear, for sure.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

Anyone who thinks Gruden is going to rescue Campbell or anyone else behind center in Washington is going to be sorely disappointed. His rep as a QB guru/genius should have taken a decisive blow two-thirds or so of the way thru this list of his starting QBs in Tampa:

Brad Johnson
    Rob Johnson
    Shaun King
    Brian Griese
    Chris Simms
    Bruce Gradkowski
    Tim Rattay
    Jeff Garcia
    Luke McCown

Guy is perversely entertaining on MNF, but batshit fucking crazy on the sidelines. He's not exactly what an unstable franchise needs.

5. JackReacher

Go away, asshole! Softstra football's not walking through that door....

:)

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm not surprised Cerrato is gone, I'm just surprised another hire has been made before the head coaching candidates have been brought in, although if you believe the reports, Snyder has already talked to Shanahan. I don't see Shanahan going anywhere unless he brings in his own GM.

7. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Ooooo, that's cold. But good. (For the record, I don't wish death on Dan Snyder really, but I do say three words. SELL. THE. TEAM.)

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. JackReacher

With Allen as his "GM", Shanahan will likely have control on personnel moves. And if that's true, and Shanahan is offered big bucks, don't think for a second he'd turn it down.

Still holding out hope for Gruden, but that ship seems to be sailing away...

9. JackReacher

Local Fox affiliate reporting Shanahan was dropped off at Redskins Park today at 10 a.m.

If I'm Zorn, I burn the building down on my way out. What a POS Snyder is. Don't get me wrong, I think Zorn is a crappy, weak head coach. But no one deserves to be treated like he has this year. Utter crap.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Redskins have "ordered" Fox to retract, they say it ain't so.
    Makes me believe it even more.

11. JackReacher

Dave Dononvan sure is busy today. Telling Fox to retract it. Yelling at Florio over the phone. Dude's a grade A scumbag.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Worst PR department in professional sports.

The Raiders are a close second, for very different reasons.

Draft saved Draft deleted