1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vince Young

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Drip, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

31-19 as a starter

Using Tebow logic, Vince is a WINNER

2. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

This is why it's insane to give that sort of money to 20-somethings.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Yeah, that's the craziest aspect of all of this... The guy could play... I've heard different stories about how Fisher never wanted him and that Young was always doomed to fail, but he was great in the second half his rookie season but he couldn't handle it...

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, I also know guys who put every cent of their signing bonuses into trust funds and set themselves up for life. I know one guy who got a couple million as a signing bonus and he bought a modest car and that was it. I remember asking him about how it felt after he signed the deal and he said, "My career could end tomorrow and I'd still never have to worry about money for the rest of my life."

5. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

His kids were aware of his spending habits, how old are they?

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Mizzou, everybody says that when they sign the contract. Then they go to the dealership.

7. Meatie Pie

Meatie Pie Member

Shortly before or after signing off on the new house for Mom, to their credit.

8. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, it is quite sound logic that the guy should still have a job somewhere.

He's still in late 20s physical prime, has an impressive winning record as a starting NFL quarterback, and has several wins solely because of his heroics running the ball. Hard to believe that guy can't catch on a roster anywhere. He's of no use to anyone in Wildcat situations? Or even as a third string backup?

Maybe he should give Canadian ball a try, that route's worked for quite a few past running QBs that didn't fit the NFL mold.

9. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

The guy holed himself up at the team facility, in tears, with a handgun.

Are we forgetting that part?

10. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, there is that. I suppose that could hinder your job prospects a bit.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Back in the early 1990s I remember reading stories about the Lions having to tell Barry Sanders to cash his paychecks. Seems he had several that he didn't cash for months, that were just sitting around the house somewhere, and the team's accounting department was having trouble balancing the books because of it.

12. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Remember that one poster who thought Vince Young was such a gamer? Whatever happened to that guy?

Draft saved Draft deleted