1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vince Young signs .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by RAMBO, Jul 28, 2006.

1. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

We'll see.

2. SEWnSO

SEWnSO Member

Sing it with me, "All we are saying is give Vince a chance..."

Seriously, I think he will surprise all the nay-sayers. The guy knows how to win.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Exactly. The performances that he gave during the past two Rose Bowls were legendary.

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

He won't be playing the shitty Michigan and USC defenses, though.

My prediction? Pain. [/mr.t]

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

A radio guy was insisting that "Vince Young is already an NFL quarterback," which I took to mean that he was ready to play, rather than the stating-the-obvious notion that, since he's signed he is, indeed an NFL quarterback

Yet, in the next breath, he was saying that Young shouldn't play much this season.

Okay, which is it?

6. Chuck~Taylor

Was it that annoying JT the brick guy?

7. Chuck~Taylor

He'll struggle in the beginning, but I'm sure this guy is going to be a superstar. The important thing is that Vince and the Titans need to learn from what has happened to Vick and Falcons the past couple of years. Vince needs to learn from what Vick is going through and the Titans front office needs to surround him with talent. They have Travis Henry, who is a very solid running back, and have Drew Bennett and David Givens, who are two good wide recievers. So they're starting off on a good foot with that part of the project. Now, Vince needs to step up and improve his mechanics in training camp, which is what Vince has already done so far with the Titans. It's already been said by the his coaches that Vince has been making great progress so far and that's probably why the gave him so much money.

8. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

I thought the Titans gave Vince Young "so much money" because he was the No. 4 pick in the draft...

9. Chuck~Taylor

Yeah, but he got more money than the No. 1 pick.

10. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Only if he reaches the incentives called for in the contract. Williams' deal, I believe, has more guaranteed money.

11. Chuck~Taylor

They compared both their contracts on SportsCenter and I think they said that Young actually has more guaranteed money and the better overrall contract.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

A reference to the John-Yoko honeymoon in a Vince Young thread is outstanding

Draft saved Draft deleted