1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vince McMahon to Target Alienated NFL Fans with 'New XFL'

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by deepest_background, Dec 27, 2017.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Yes. There are a handful that traverse the upper parts of LA, until they inevitably get hit by a car trying to cross a freeway, seeking new territory so they don't have to fuck their sister in order to propagate their species.
    Cats in the city: Tracking bobcats in Los Angeles

So either name would have been fun. Instead, they went with generic "Wildcat" which is the mascot for every 1oth college team and every fifth high school team in the country.

2. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I've seen bobcats in my tract.
    Kevin Roderick, the guy who owned LAObserved.com before he abandoned it to a few meaningless bloggers, used to go nuts every time there was a mountain lion seen in the Santa Monica Mountains. I mean, he wouldn't post for a few days, or even a week, then it was like "EXTRA EXTRA READ ALL ABOUT IT" whenever they found a mountain lion.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Unless of course you live in areas where there are no coyotes.

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Whatever happened to that site? And Roderick?

5. ChrisLong

ChrisLong Well-Known Member

I think he just got tired of it, tired of being tied to it. I heard that he just wanted to do other things.

It's still there. A couple of former LAT writers, and a photog, post stuff occasionally. There have been 3 posts and 1 photo in August.

It used to be a daily stop for me, but I rarely look there anymore.

TigerVols likes this.
  6. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The XFL draft is today. Or as it might otherwise be known, "Wow, I remember when that guy sucked!"

The first wave of quarterback selections included Landry Jones, Cardale Jones and Matt McGloin.
    One of the first skill players taken was former Saints receiver TommyLee Lewis, who apparently has been exiled to the XFL for leading us to the current hellish state of NFL replay.

XFL Draft tracker: Live results, complete picks list, rosters for new football league

7. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Really surprised there are no Pac-12 QBs in the league. And I'm guessing the XFL is considered a step below the CFL as of now.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Obviously all XFL games will be played during the day - not after dark.

Batman likes this.
  9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Judging from the names I've seen so far they really are trying to position the league as a feeded system to the NFL - so NFL type qbs when I think more dual threat qbs would be better for the league.

10. daytonadan1983

daytonadan1983 Well-Known Member

This XFL draft thing ... social media waste of time.

Ryan Davis, former BCU player who went on to the Jags, Cowboys and Bills, is in the "draft pool." The guy sacked Tom Brady. Sheesh.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I was keeping up with it today to see if there were any people with local or state ties. Seeing some of the names reminds me of the scene from Major League when they're reading off the list of players invited to spring training.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted