1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vince Carter unveils a new statue...

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Feb 14, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

of himself. It's part of the new athletic centre named after him (of course) at his Florida hs. He donated a couple of million to the centre.

[​IMG]

Apparently he missed a practice but as was pointed out by the writer in the Toronto Star Blog, at least there wasn't a playoff game tonight.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

At least the picture doesn't make him look like a douche bag.

3. Montezuma's Revenge

Montezuma's Revenge Active Member

Is the statue supposed to depict his "efforts" on defense?

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Of all the athletes who have played in Toronto, he's probably the least respected.

Hate would be too strong a word. People just think he's a pathetic little crybaby.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Zing! Well played.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

I dunno JR you might have the d_b bug. :D This happened two weeks ago, either right before or after the Nets played the Magic.

The funniest part--and by that I mean the most pathetic part--is that the statue was designed by Vince's mom. Holy shit. What a pansy. What kind of grown man allows his mother to design a statue of him?

7. mannheimadler

mannheimadler Member

Come on JR. We're talking about PRACTICE. Not a game. Not the game for which these basketball players die for and leave it all out on the court. We're talking about PRACTICE.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Please. It's a gymnasium, not an "athletic center."

9. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

It was nice to see him lose tonight.

I was listening to the TO feed of the broadcast. Apparently, during one of the Air Canada Centre's crowd's chant of M-V-P, M-V-P, when Bosh was heading to or from the free throw line at a commercial break, Carter looked into a TV camera and said "I don't think so," and then laughed.

He's such a dick.

10. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Where would you find a company who would make something like this.It can't be a very big business. How many people want lifesize bronze statues of themselves.

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

12. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

In case it gets deleted, fast.

There is one line that reads:
    during the 2000 olpics carter went and sucked his dads cock.

Draft saved Draft deleted