1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vin Scully To Return For 61st Dodgers Season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Dec 1, 2009.

1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

The Dodgers announced today that Vin Scully will return for his 61st season as L.A. Dodgers' announcer. His voice still sounds great after all these years (and this coming from a Reds fan!).

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/baseball/article_549c02f6-1151-5be4-aefa-0aab87a44fd5.html

2. albert77

albert77 Well-Known Member

Had the pleasure of listening to Vin a couple of nights on XM during the playoffs this year. He's starting to sound a little bit aged, but he's still just as sharp as ever.

3. JBHawkEye

JBHawkEye Well-Known Member

I subscribed to the last two monthds of MLB.TV, just to catch as much Vin as possible. Still the best.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

" A little roller up along first"...need we say more?

And in case anyone's forgotten. Maybe the best eight and a half minutes of baseball play by play

5. Bodie_Broadus

Bodie_Broadus Active Member

One of the best parts of living where I do is getting Dodger games on FSN. I am a Dodgers fan, but even if I wasn't I would watch them over the Angels for two reasons, Scully and the fact that AL baseball blows.

6. Screwball

Screwball Active Member

JR: We prefer to remember Vin for this one:

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Vin is the best. In any sport.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

You mean, he's the Keith Jackson of baseball.

9. Clerk Typist

Clerk Typist Guest

So pull up a chair for Vin's 61st season of Dodger baseball, brought to you by Farmer John.

10. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

My personal favorite: "29,000 people and a million butterflies."

http://www.salon.com/people/feature/1999/10/12/scully_koufax/index.html

(Can't seem to find the audio link. I've got it saved on my iTunes now. It's out there.)

11. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Davis drew the most overlooked walk in baseball history.

You talk about a roll of the dice...

12. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Nothing better on a summer night than to check the onscreen guide and see that Rogers Sportsnet Pacific is showing a Dodgers game. We get the Angels and Mariners on there too and while I will watch those games, I don't pay a lot of attenmtion to who is calling them. Dodger games - and we always get the LA feed - are a whole different story.

Draft saved Draft deleted