1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vin Scully coming back

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by casty33, Aug 26, 2012.

1. casty33

casty33 Active Member

I couldn't be happier.

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

He's a washed-up blowhard. [/smashersloan]

3. casty33

casty33 Active Member

We all have our opinions. I just know Mr. Scully is better than most of the current announcers I hear today. But, of course, I guess I'm a washed-uo blowhard, too.
    Thank you very much.

4. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

With the Jays rained out Sportsnet here in Ontario is picking up the Dodgers-Marlins game from the start instead of joining it in progress. Was very happy to see we were getting Dodgers feed with Vin Scully. The next three-plus hours for me are set.

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

...It was Benjamin Disraeli who said, “Inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination.”

Ball two, outside, to Ethier...

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

[quote author="Vin Scully"]
    ...It was Benjamin Disraeli who said, “Inebriated with the exuberance of his own verbosity, and gifted with an egotistical imagination.”

Ball two, outside, to Ethier...
    [/quote]

>>>>>>>>

[quote author=Chip Caray]
    LINE DRIVE BASE HIT ... caught out there! Runner tags, here he comes. Throw to the plate on target and in time. Double play to end the inning.
    [/quote]

http://www.thefastertimes.com/mlb/2009/10/07/video-chip-carays-line-drive-base-hit-call/

7. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Doesn't "better than Chip Caray" lower the bar to a "better than Eric Wedge" level?

8. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

A valid point.

9. Drip

Drip Active Member

Casty, I know personally of your relationship with Vin and I'm with you. I'm glad that he's coming back.

10. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Love Vin Scully. Glad he'll be around to listen to next year.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The perfect storm to drive Smasher into insanity: Vin Scully doing rap.

12. TheHacker

TheHacker Member

If the Dodgers make the playoffs does anyone know if Scully will call the games on radio? I know for the regular season they simulcast him on radio the first three innings. It would be great to hear him doing postseason games.

Draft saved Draft deleted