1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings waive Moss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Den1983, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

That 38-yard field goal miss by Gary Anderson in 1998 was his fault too, I guess.

2. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

Whatever the merits of Moss' play, Vikings simply look like clowns wasting a 3rd rounder on three weeks of production.

While Singletary rants at another official for ignoring his red flag or missing 2 seconds on the clock, at least the 49ers have retained their 3rd rounder for 2011.

Hard to make the Niners look professional, but the Vikings have done so.

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Fixed.

BTW, I'm betting Moss winds up in Carolina.

4. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

On DailyNorseman (which has never had an inaccurate statement, I'm sure), someone said Lombardi reported that Childress didn't get permission from the front office before waiving him.

And apparently he's not on today's waiver wire?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/11/01/monday-waiver-wire-does-not-include-randy-moss/

5. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Skol, Vikings!

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

This story just gets better.

7. Machine Head

Want even better?

Did you read the link?

Says Percy Harvin is "livid".

Skol, Vikings!

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It would be one of the most epic fuck ups of all time if Childress got himself fired over this and Moss remained a Viking.

9. Machine Head

Tim Brewster is available to take over.

10. shockey

shockey Active Member

of course it wasn't doesn't change the FACT he hasn't won a ring. or that inevitably became such a cancer that the on coach and quarterback he couldn't run roughshod over inevitably dumped his ass, with nary a replacement in sight. surely part of the reasons why: belichick understands he and brady won all their super bowls without another diva receiver in sight to replace he roster.

those enablers who keep defending moss, including some folks here, be my guest. moss is a sure-fire hall of fame player who has ultimately worn out his welcome everywhere he's been. just not usually at the warp-speed he did in this go-round with minny.

11. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Shockey -- I think the news out of Minnesota says a lot more about Childress and the Vikes' organization than it does about Moss. Unless someone has located the gun Belichick held to the Vikes' head to get that third-round pick when Minnesota knew full well Moss' ancient and recent history.

12. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

I'll say the same thing I said at the office about an hour or so ago.

I am SO GLAD hockey season is underway! [/very disgruntled and ticked off Vikings fangirl]

Draft saved Draft deleted