1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings waive Moss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Den1983, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

I didn't know Tavaris had been ordained. :eek:

2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

And, once again, Belichik comes off looking like the smartest guy in the room. Hell, if he wants, Hoodie can just re-sign Moss for free now, loses nothing and picks up a nice draft pick.

3. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I'm telling you, sooner or later, coming your way:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The good coaches take care of these things behind closed doors.

The Vikings would have been a lot smarter to just ignore Moss, let him play the rest of the season, and then let him walk away after the season.

Then, it's not completely obvious that they're the dumbest franchise in the NFL.

5. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Not even in the division.

6. shockey

shockey Active Member

i, for one, can't believe (actually i can, but am disgusted by) how talking heads like expatriot tedy bruschi and up-every-player's-butt jay glazer can talk about this story in absolute disbelief and outrage that childress would do this to the great ranfdy moss...

puh-leeze. childress is a clueless tool living on borrowed time, no doubt, bravo to him for taking down moss with him. moss's behavior -- surprise! -- has been insufferable the last couple of weeks, topped off with yet another DISPICABLE effort in sunday's game, followed by his incredibly laughable post-game performance.

i, for one, would love to see spineless nfl owners and coaches to steer clear of moss. crap, what a supremely talented DOG he has been throughout his career. truer words were never spoken than when randy let it slip a few years back that he plays when he wants to play.

i'm sick of this shit. and of the never-ending stream of enablers who turn a blind eye to randy's act

for however long he's not around -- and i'm sure it won't be very long -- i say good riddance to the definition of a coach killer.

7. Mizzougrad96

For this season, it's Minnesota in a walk.

Dallas and San Fran are a distant second and third. Denver may be fourth.

The Lions and Raiders are improving.

8. Mizzougrad96

For a second there, I wasn't sure if you were talking about Moss or Favre. :D

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not that, but I think that they should definitely try to sign Moss.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Do you miss out on a compensetory pick too that you'd get for losing Moss as a free agent?

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

If you want to hear the other side, tune to the NFL Network and listen to all the unemployed coaches looking for their next gig defend the coach in EVERY instance at EVERY turn.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

If I can cross sports for a moment, this is why I always disagree when people wonder what in the hell Phil Jackson does and say "anyone could win with the players he's had." Coaching in the pros is about handling people and if you're not going to be able to do that, you better be an Xs and Os genius so the players at least respect that. Childress, alas, is not a genius and apparently has no clue how to handle difficult personalities.

Shockey, that dog has 153 TDs in 194 games. I know, if he played hard every play he'd have 190 touchdowns by now. And, I'm sure it's just a coincidence, he has also been on the two highest-scoring teams in NFL history. Slacker.

Draft saved Draft deleted