1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings waive Moss

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Den1983, Nov 1, 2010.

1. Den1983

Den1983 Active Member

My apologies if this was already posted, I didn't see it.

=============
    EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) -- The Minnesota Vikings have waived receiver Randy Moss.

Linebacker Ben Leber says coach Brad Childress informed the team that Moss had been let go during a team meeting Monday afternoon.

The NFL Network first reported the Vikings waived Moss, but team officials have not confirmed the news

Moss had one catch for 8 yards in a loss to the Patriots, In Sunday night's postgame news conference, he expressed admiration for the Patriots and criticized Vikings coaching.

Childress said earlier Monday that Moss was staying back in the Boston area after the game to spend time with family. Childress said he did not regret acquiring him "at the moment."

==================================

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/football/nfl/11/01/randy-moss-waived/index.html?eref=sihp

Can certainly say I didn't see this coming. Does he go back to the Pats?

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What a disaster.

I had a feeling he wasn't long for Minnesota when I saw his rant about asking himself questions from now on.

Do guys like this not even realize what a caricature they become?

3. Journo13

Journo13 Member

They fire Moss only after three weeks, and it seems the only offense he committed was talking too much during a press conference. Yet, after it is revealed that their elderly quarterback sent lewd phone messages to a "reporter", they decide to hang onto Brett Favre.

Seems to be somewhat of a disconnect.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

That team is far more dysfunctional than I think people really realized. We all saw the hints, but now we're learning.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

As I said on the other thread, Moss is an idiot, but Childress and the Vikings are worse.

They gave up a significant pick on a guy who known for running his mouth and then they cut him loose after three weeks?

Idiotic.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

What's so funny is that the reason Wilf was so willing to give Favre more money is because he thought that success this season would get him the stadium he's been craving, and to be fair, they do need one.

Do you think the voters in that state would approve anything for that trainwreck of a team right now?

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

They all do shit like Favre did. He just got called out.

Moss, on the other hand, crossed a line.

Honor among thieves, my friend. Every culture has its own system of omerta, and it may not make sense to us, but it makes sense to them.

8. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The Vikings had to do this. An NFL team can't allow a star player to be so selfish.

9. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

10. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

Yet the Drama Queen, who in the long run will prove much more destructive to the long-term success of the franchise, remains.

11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Will the Rev. Jackson be issuing a statement?

12. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Allen Iverson in cleats.

Draft saved Draft deleted