1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings to Punt Chris Kluwe ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 6, 2013.

1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

On the heels of the same publication's piece last week about how the "NFL passed on its chance to draft an openly gay player" who, by the way, kind of sucks:

http://www.theatlanticwire.com/entertainment/2013/04/nfl-passed-its-chance-draft-openly-gay-player/64661/

2. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

The article sucks, too. Gendreau wasn't eligible to be drafted.

3. Dick Whitman

Yes.

4. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Have they had a leadership change recently? Up until a year or so ago -- even through the election -- they were my go-to site. Now it's just a bunch of contrarian crap, very poorly thought out. Come to think of it, that trend started around the time they published that "sponsored" piece about Scientology. So maybe it's part of a new strategy of whoring for clicks instead of actual good reads.

5. Dick Whitman

Yeah, it can definitely be like Slate Lite.

Real reason I keep that site up: They cast a pretty effective net around the Web, posting links to interesting stories and breaking news elsewhere. Ex.: The daily "Five Best" columns.

6. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

If it was possible to HAVE fourth-and-26, that would suggest that he didn't.

7. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Love that the Eagles converting a fourth-and-26 play is now being blamed on the punter.

8. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Not at all... But it was a situation where the team desperately needed the punter to pin them inside the 20 and was in perfect position to do so, and instead, he punted it into the end zone.

9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The Atlantic Wire is not the Atlantic, it's a terrible, web only, brand extension that takes away from the Atlantic brand.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

Kluwe signs with the Raiders, who lost Shane Lechler in free agency.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/chris-kluwe-signs-oakland-raiders-equality-advocate-prop-8-california-051613

11. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I'm sure it was primarily because of his VOTE RAY GUY campaign.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Wow, the Raiders lost Lechler? I don't know about their cap situation, so maybe they needed a lower salary, but he's one of the best ever.

Draft saved Draft deleted