1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings to Punt Chris Kluwe ?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Boom_70, May 6, 2013.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/05/05/kluwe-will-learn-his-status-by-monday/

2. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

If they let him go it will become the most over-covered cut punter in NFL history.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Probably so, when the real truth is if you're paying more than minimum salary for a punter, you're probably overpaying.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Hey, can Tebow punt?

Wildcat punt attack!

5. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Strangely, "cut punter" looks dirty at first glance.

6. Boom_70

And the first SJ thread on a beloved punter.

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I do recall a long debate on an NFL thread over whether Ray Guy was a Hall of Famer.

8. peacer84

peacer84 Member

Well said.

9. Boom_70

Vikes special teams coordinator Mike Priefer said, "These distractions are getting old for me, to be quite honest."

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl/news/20130506/rookie-minicamps-peter-king-monday-morning-quarterback/#ixzz2SVyJhBGB

10. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Blame the Maryland sorority girl. It's just one letter off!

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

To be fair, Jeff Locke is one hell of a punter. It's not like they're cutting Kluwe just for the sake of doing so.

The Vikings did really well by drafting Blair Walsh in the sixth round last year. He was an All-Pro as a rookie. I'm guessing they're hoping that trend continues.

12. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

It's an outrage. And I'm mostly talking about the kid who projectile vomited into Peter King's ear on the airplane.

Draft saved Draft deleted