1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings fire Childress AKA Rosie rejoices

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

You need to be more clear for me if you're moving the conversation to include decisions made by the current ownership only, and not a historical trend, as your "Typical Vikings hire" post could very well be taken as.

Wilf is in over his head. He is extremly successful in other areas, but he has not been with the Vikings, including management of his stadium push.

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll try to be more clear in the future. :D

3. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Even Barry Sanders?

4. Mizzougrad96

IS BARRY SANDERS IN THE NFL?

5. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Oops, thought it read in the history of the NFL.

6. Mizzougrad96

No worries man... :D

7. Mizzougrad96

If I'm Wilf, I tank the rest of the season and hope 3-13 is bad enough to get Andrew Luck.

Not to compare a Stanford guy to a Cal guy, but Luck reminds me of Aaron Rodgers.

8. SoCalScribe

SoCalScribe Member

Luck actually has a a chance to be better than Rodgers given his significant advantage in the mobility/scrambling/sack-avoidance department.

Don't ever forget that Rodgers -- to his own credit, 100 percent -- is better than almost anyone expected him to be, given his physical attributes.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Favre remains the starting QB:

Frazier made it clear that Brett Favre will remain his starting quarterback.

"There's no hesitation for me in that regard," Frazier said at an afternoon press conference at Winter Park. "Brett is a tremendous quarterbacl and he's been a leader of the team in the 1 1/2 years that he's been here. There are some things we have to do to support [Favre]. Brett will be our starting quarterback on Sunday."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/109908409.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU

Maybe next year they could get the guy on the bench in Philly, but Andy Reid might not be inclined to do business with the Vikings for a while.

10. zimbabwe

zimbabwe Active Member

Except that they forget they have him the moment they fall behind by two scores.

They ABANDONED him yesterday in the second half, exposing both Childress' playcalling and Favre's spectacular suckitude in the process.

/bitterAPfantasyowner

11. BYH

BYH Active Member

Afterward, Brett Favre texted photos of his ass to Brad Childress.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Were purple Crocs visible in the picture?

Draft saved Draft deleted