1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings fire Childress AKA Rosie rejoices

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Hank_Scorpio, Nov 22, 2010.

1. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=As5PUvXNWsoJ3qMJgJgUPGQ5nYcB?slug=ap-vikings-childressfired

2. An early Christmas present.

Now, please, Zygi. Have your private plane fly the cameraphone QB back to Mississippi for good.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

@Adam_Schefter: So I guess Brett Favre can now drive Brad Childress to the airport.

4. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

I'm guessing he'd be OK with that:

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  5. Pastor

Pastor Active Member

Eh. This doesn't change much unless they hand the coaching job to Bret Favre.

6. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Straight cash homey:

Childress, 54, signed a contract extension through 2013 last November but it was reported last week that the final year is the team’s option and that Wilf will have to pay Childress $6.6 million for 2011 and 2012.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/109908409.html?elr=KArksLckD8EQDUoaEyqyP4O:DW3ckUiD3aPc:_Yyc:aU1yDEmP:QMDCinchO7DU

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'm assuming Frazier got the interim job.

It's a good move. Frazier will get a tryout and if he does well he'll have a shot at the regular gig. If he does poorly, they can go after someone else.

Childress isn't the most arrogant coach in the NFL, but he's the most arrogant coach who has never done anything to merit that arrogance. Josh McDaniels might be a close second though.

8. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Chilly's not happy.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Yes, Frazier did.

10. spnited

spnited Active Member

Do you bother reading the thread before you post, Mizzou?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I feel bad for Chilly. Clearly the Favre signing was a push by the Vikings to win and win enough public support for a new stadium.
    It didn't work.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He was done the second he cut Moss without consulting the owner. That might go down as one of the most idiotic decisions ever.

Yes, he doesn't have to ask permission. He had final say over roster moves, but when you've given up a high pick for a player less than a month before, it might be a good idea to ask the owner his thoughts.

Draft saved Draft deleted