1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings fan to Packer fans -- told ya Favre might come back!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'll take a fuck you from Steve Fuller, but Greg Landry? Don't make me drag out Rusty Lisch to kick your ass.

And Steve Stenstrom knows he's the ultimate in fail because I couldn't remember him.

2. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Rusty Lisch? E-fucking-gad

3. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

If Favre does come back, then the Packers would have the two best quarterbacks in the NFC North.

4. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Which says more about the level of suck of NFL North qbs than it does about the Packers.

5. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Until recently, when Packers fans dogged the Bears about their QBs, Bears fans could respond in kind about the Packers RBs. Thankfully (from where I'm sitting), Dorsey Levens and Ahman Green changed that unholy balance in the last decade.

But until that point, the backfields of my youth were peopled by the likes of Terdell Middleton, Barty Smith, Eric Torkelson, the oft-injured Eddie Lee Ivery, Gerry Ellis (who actually wasn't bad), Jessie Clark, the legendary Harlan Huckleby, even MORE legendary Paul Ott Carruth, malcontent and general asshole Brent Fullwood, Keith Woodside, Michael Haddix, Vince Workman, Darrell Thompson ... ugh.

Not to mention an utterly immobile Lynn Dickey ... which doesn't change the fact he was near-God-like in his abilities. OK perhaps that's a stretch, but he had his moments.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

That was my point -- that Rodgers, with his two starts, is probably the best quarterback in that division.

7. AreaMan

AreaMan Member

It's easy to pick on the Bears and their awful quarterback situation, but I distinctly recall Favre getting outplayed by Neckbeard Orton late last season.

Cold weather. Fighting for (at the time) home field advantage with the Cowboys and the Packers get ass-raped by a Bears defense missing five or six starters to complete a season sweep. Laugh all you want, but Lovie Smith has the Packers number.

Are the Packers a SB team? I still think that's up in the air. We'll see this season if they're able to go 16 games without any major injuries and a quarterback (Rodgers) who hasn't played three consecutive quarters without getting injured.

The Packers management need Favre more than they want to let on.

8. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

this is almost as bad as espn having a weekly update on chad johnson. pick something and stick with it already.

9. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Sure, let's have come back so we can see him throw yet another ill advised pass for a pick that snuffs out his team's season.

If I'm the Pack, I'm moving on. You want to play Favre? Be prepared to do it somewhere else.

Brett, don't go away mad. Brett, just go away-ay-ay.

Draft saved Draft deleted