1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings fan to Packer fans -- told ya Favre might come back!

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Rosie, Jul 2, 2008.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Bob Avellini, at his age right now, is a better quarterback than Sexy Rexy or Captain Neckbeard

2. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

That goes double for Vince Evans. And Peter Tom Willis.

3. Armchair_QB

Damn, I forgot about PT.

If shitty quarterbacking was a country Chicago would be the capitol.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

The bitch of it, if you're a Bears fan, is where does Rex Grossman rank when compared to Avellini, Moses Moreno, Henry Burris, Shane Matthews, Jim Miller, Kordell Stewart, Cade McNown, Chris Chandler, Craig Krenzel, Mike Phipps, Rick Mirer and Will Furrer. I'm sure I missed several more schleps.

Pretty high, really. In my time (since '78), probably fourth behind Harbaugh, McMahon and Erik Kramer. Shit. Walter Payton might be one of the Bears' top 10 passers in that era.

When Kramer is your all-time, single-season passing yards record-holder, you are indeed the QB black hole of the NFL.

5. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Oh, please.

6. Armchair_QB

Dear Bubbler:

Fuck you, Grossman couldn't carry my jock.

Sincerely,

Steve Fuller

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

My (apparently long-awaited :D) thoughts: He'll stay retired.

Not really sure if Favre's the one floating these rumors, or if it's Bus Cook, or if it's the team, or if it's some NFL shit-stirrer. If it's Favre, he needs to lock himself in a room until he makes a decision. I didn't have a problem with the first year or two of "will-he-or-won't-he." (After all, it's a pretty huge story for the league.) Even coming back last year was OK by me -- he got his records, the Pack came within an ill-advised pass of the Super Bowl, helluva way to end it, IMO.

But don't have the big, emotional press conference in the spring, then come right back and float the rumor that a return is "possible." Now you're just fucking with us.

That said, there are about 3 great athletes on this planet who were able to exit the stage before they were dragged off: Brown, Sanders and Koufax. And the latter was due to injury. It's just not a quality that you can find in most athletes at that level, and Favre is no exception. I can't begrudge him for sticking around as long as humanly possible ... or longer. He's got the rest of his life to not play football, so if he truly wants to play again -- he should play. He doesn't owe us a graceful exit. And we shouldn't demand one.

8. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

No, Chicago would be the capital. Soldier Field would be The Capitol. :D

Favre needs to stay retired. Whoever floated this is just trying to stir up shit in the locker room and make things harder for Aaron Rodgers.

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

Yeah! What that guy said!

Your friend,
    Greg Landry

10. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

It gets even worse. Their career yardage and passing-TD leader is Sid Luckman.

Yeah, Sid Luckman, who retired in 1950.

11. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Oh god, more Favre

12. Armchair_QB

And Mike Hohensee and Sean Payton /87 replacement games

Draft saved Draft deleted