1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings DE Jared Allen BEGS fans to buy playoff tickets

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Wonderlic, Jan 2, 2009.

1. Wonderlic

Wonderlic Member

Unless they get another 24-hour extension from the league, the Vikings have about 2 1/2 hours to finish selling out the MetroDome to avoid a local blackout of Sunday's wildcard game against the Eagles.

This video is on the Vikings' official Web site.

http://www.vikings.com/AkamaiPlayer.aspx?AkamaiVideo=Jared%20Tickets

LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMEE. :p

2. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

I don't understand this at all.

It's a fucking NFL playoff game. How do you NOT sellout?

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Um, if the Browns were in the Super Bowl and I could get a ticket to the game which was mysteriously being played next door to my house for $100, I still couldn't afford it right now.

Times are tough. Especially post-holidays. I'm not surprised.

4. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

Jared, I know why you left Kansas City. But you wouldn't have to do that shit in Kansas City (provided the team actually made the postseason).

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

The bigger surprise to me is that they were struggling to sell out in Arizona, which will host a playoff game for the first time. But then, given how the Cardinals limped in after the past month, I can't blame those fans if they didn't want to pay higher ticket prices to see their team get run by the Falcons.

6. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Does Allen's hair qualify as a mullet?
    Looks like he got some razor effects going on the temples.
    Maybe the other side has his number shaved onto the side of his head.

7. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Both games will sell out.

Actually, they will have better, more vociferous crowds if they aren't on TV.

8. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

I'm very surprised we're looking at 2 NFL playoff games not selling out. I hear the concerns about the economy and all, and for regular season games, I can see there being an impact (more so on other sports that have more than 10 events a year). Postseason you'd think there'd be enough interest to fill the building.

I guess the folks in Minneapolis just want to get out and enjoy the nice weather instead of sitting in a dome (forecast -5 low, 10 high).

And the folks in Arizona should be ashamed. This is probably their last chance at a home playoff game until 2070.

9. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

He was shaving a strip every time he got a sack. I don't know if that's what he has going on anymore though.

10. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I think he shaves a line for every sack he gets.

11. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He should threaten to go door to door hitting fans low if they don't buy tickets.

Draft saved Draft deleted