1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings bench Jackson, turn to Frerotte at QB

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Claws for Concern, Sep 17, 2008.

1. Rumpleforeskin

Rumpleforeskin Active Member

How can you turn down this boyish look? He even won an MVP.

[​IMG]

2. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

It's either him or let Peterson look at nine and 10 in the box for the next 14 games.

It's a lame move, but it's the move they've got. And, like Rosie said, until Childress can call plays better than a high school coach, none of it will matter much, anyway.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

Chris Simms?

4. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Good.

Gus Frerotte isn't as likely to run as Tarvaris Jackson. That means the defense can continue to cover the wideouts man-to-man and stack the box against Adrian Peterson.

No serious defensive changes on Sunday.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

This might be the saddest/scariest thread title of 2008.

6. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Or funniest. Depending on your point of view.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Childress isn't the worst coach in the NFL, but his hiring was one of the most poorly thought out head coaching hires a NFL team has made in recent memory. That even counts the Raiders.

They hired him for one reason and one reason only, they thought he was the guy who Green Bay wanted to hire for their opening. Never mind that he was the offensive coordinator on a team where the head coach called the plays (See also Gary Kubiak) and the bulk of the players who played for him in Philly didn't like him.

Childress was almost fired after his first season and I'm stunned he survived after last year. He has a lot of talent there, but the players hate him and they have a habit of signing aging or washed up free agents rather than develop young players.

The franchise has been run poorly for years, but until they get rid of Childress, the Vikings have zero chance of being successful.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

Already in Tennessee.

Maybe this guy can come out of retirement for the 90,210th time!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Somehow, it always comes back to Gus, doesn't it?

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

BTW, this was awesome.

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I would have said he was hanging out at Stand Up Frank's but I think I'm the only one on here who knows where that is.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

You've got me. But breakfast at Al's is my treat.

Draft saved Draft deleted