1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings beat writer -- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MileHigh, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It's a tremendous hire.

2. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Until everything has been announced on both ends I don't think it's fair game to ID.

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

This is correct. Just not necessarily for one of the larger/better known outlets there.

4. Larry Graham

Larry Graham Member

Figured I'd go ahead and let the cat out of the bag and extend my online congrats to Dan Wiederer, formerly of The Fayetteville Observer.
    I'll be sure to down a Jameson in your honor.

5. babb

babb New Member

Congratulations to my friend Dan, who's proven himself as a terrific storyteller and reporter. He'll do great things in Minneapolis.

And, Larry, you're buying the Jameson next time.

6. This is kinda funny, if you know how things went down with Judd...

7. blacktitleist

blacktitleist Member

Congrats to Dan.

Fayetteville will miss him dearly.

8. SEeditor

SEeditor Member

Granted Fayetteville is not Raleigh or Charlotte, but it has been one of the state's better papers, according to the North Carolina Press Association, over the past 5-7 years.

9. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I remember the name from APSE awhile back, maybe 5-6 years. I don't remember what the story was about, but I remember it was night and day better than all of the other stuff in that category.

10. esport12

esport12 Member

Dan is hell of a writer/reporter. He beat a lot of the "bigger/major" outlets to news and also wrote some great features.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

Great hire for them, great move for him.

12. Todd M. Adams

Todd M. Adams Member

Dan is one of the most talented young writer/reporters in the country. I worked with him for a couple of years in Fayetteville, and he consistently made me look good. This is a fantastic hire for Minneapolis and a well-deserved opportunity for Dan.

Draft saved Draft deleted