1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vikings beat writer -- Minneapolis Star Tribune

Discussion in 'Journalism Jobs' started by MileHigh, Aug 15, 2011.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

http://apsportseditors.org/jobs-internships/vikings-beat-writer/

The Minneapolis Star Tribune has an immediate opening for a beat writer to cover the Minnesota Vikings. This reporter is responsible for full-time coverage of all aspects of the Vikings both in print and online. Topics will include training camp, regular-season and postseason games, off-season coverage, daily breaking news, business and contractual matters, features, profiles, notes, analysis, off-field news, blogs and videos. This reporter will provide timely and competitive coverage; he or she will be expected to break stories.

QUALIFICATIONS: Experience covering professional or major college sports is required. This reporter should have a history of breaking news stories and experience with social media, and should have knowledge of and interest in professional sports in the Twin Cities and the National Football League. Ability to quickly assess spot news and adapt to fast-breaking news situations, while planning long-term coverage of important issues is essential.

ACTION: If interested, please provide a resume, clips and a cover letter:

Glen Crevier
    Assistant Managing Editor/Sports
    The Star Tribune
    425 Portland Ave.
    Minneapolis, MN. 55448

Or email material to:

gcrevier@startribune.com

2. SportsGuyBCK

SportsGuyBCK Active Member

Big boy job here ...

3. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

This close to the season? That sucks for the editors. There will be tons of resumes and not a lot of time to get someone good nailed down. Best of luck.

4. Harry Doyle

Harry Doyle Member

Meaning they might settle for someone bad? I'm in!

5. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Time to get your big boys clips ready.

6. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Judd Zulgad left for full-time gig at 1500 ESPN.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I spent two months at Turnover, Pa. Am I ready? It's not all about how old you are, you know?

8. Spoke to Glen about this gig recently. Seems like he'd be a really cool guy to work for.

9. steveu

steveu Well-Known Member

Sounds like Strib would be a good place to work. I've always loved my Twin Cities visits.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. Wish Judd all the best.

11. If there's any SJ phrase I wish would be retired, it's that one.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Judd did an incredible job. It seems he broke the bulk of the news on a very competitive beat.

Draft saved Draft deleted