1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vijay wins $10 million, blows off media

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by hondo, Sep 8, 2008.

1. BYH

BYH Active Member

Awesome.

2. markvid

markvid Guest

I believe there are fines involved if you don't.

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Don't really see why a golf writer would care one way or another.

You ain't getting an exclusive with him, and it's not like there is a Vijay Singh fan base that reads your paper and cares what he says.

Screw fines. Here's the solution: You can pick up your check immediately after your session with the media.

4. Knighthawk

Knighthawk Member

This is not a surprise who anyone has ever covered Vijay when he wins a tournament.

5. Cubman71

Cubman71 Guest

Or loses...or misses the cut, which was the case a few weeks ago when I tried to get a few words from him post round. Gave him time to go sign his scorecard and everything before I approached him. I followed him around the last six holes of his round and the guy just looked totally lost on the course (when everyone else was tearing it up).

But my understanding is that he didn't exctly endear himself to anyone that week, even before the tourney started.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

yeah, that was pretty good EE...

7. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Remember, this is the same piece of human feces who said "Kiss my ass everybody" when he left Augusta National after winning the 2000 Masters. Fuck you, Vijay.

8. Highway 101

Highway 101 Active Member

I was just going to ask somebody to confirm my recollection: He said "F** this place" while slamming trunk shut in front of the SI writer.

Yes? No? I didn't follow golf back then.

9. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

If the tour were made up of Singh and DLIII clones, it would close a week after it opened... pricks...

10. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Vijay have some inflammatory things to say about Annika when she played in a couple of men's tourneys?

11. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

I thought we were talking about how El Tigre deals with the media with his robotic responses. His act is as stale as two-week old water in a flower vase.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Sergio, Vijay, Tiger...there are many others.

If only guys like Brandt Snedeker could win every week.

Draft saved Draft deleted