1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video of alien to be unveiled Friday (Update: Now with a screen grab)

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, May 29, 2008.

1. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

fuck. i see it. i see it, dude.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Has anyone asked why it's such a grainy black and white video. Even the cheapest crappiest 15-year-old camcorders all record in color these days, so WTF was this guy filming with? And I've gotta question the alien's choice of destinations, or as one of the reader comments below the story put it:

"Im sure thats what aliens want to do..

Spend a huge amount of resources to fly thousands of light years across the galaxy, even if Einstein's speed limit isnt correct, cloak the space ship, descend to Earth unnoticed, bypassing all goverment and military radar sites, descending slowly enough that the heat or vapor trail from the decending object isnt noticed, form an away team (star trek rules), leave the ship...

to look into a farmhouse in Nebraska.

Nebraska.

people who LIVE in Nebraska wouldnt cross the street to look into that window, let alone the galaxy."

3. I don't think aliens are real but to answer your question the camera was grainy and black and white because it was night vision. What I thought was interesting was that the word around the campfire is that the alien blinks in the video. That might rule out a puppet or a mask.

4. beefncheddar

beefncheddar Guest

From RMN blog of the ridiculousness:

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/may/30/alien-commission-causes-commotion/?partner=yahoo_headlines

2:13 p.m. A Denver man Thursday night spent five hours and $90 creating a hoax video of a space-alien-looking creature peering through a window (click here to watch).

It looks eerily like the space alien video shown to the media today by a man who wants the city of Denver to create an extraterrestrial commission to welcome visitors from distant galaxies.

Believers in the Nebraska space alien video said the creature moved its eyes and muscles — and you can't just fake that unless you're a Hollywood special-effects expert and have thousands of dollars, they say.

Yes you can, said Bryan Bonner, a member of the Rocky Mountain Paranormal Research Society, which normally investigates claims of haunted houses.

5. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Fixed. Asshat.

6. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

Was that a thinly veiled Back to the Future reference? If so,...NICE

7. Rex Harrison

Rex Harrison Member

WHY CAN'T I SEE THE GODDAMNED SAILBOAT?!?!?!

[​IMG]

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

oh my god. i see the twin towers behind him, too.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

The thing was peeping on the guy's daughters. Maybe she's got a sweet rack and word traveled around the galaxy that she was easy.

11. Damn, again with the twin towers?

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

hey fucker, don't kill the messenger.

Draft saved Draft deleted