1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video game thread — XBox, Wii and PS3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mannheimadler, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Wii is more fun, but PS3 allows you to play BluRay DVDs without having to spring for a player. So I may go that route.

By the way, this may be the record for LOL threads.

2. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

[​IMG]
    Posting on an old thread to say "Thanks!"
    We've never bought a gaming system until this year, when the second-grade daughter starts dropping hints that she wanted a PlayStation for Christmas. She'd played at friends houses so I got busy and started asking around, checking things out, and finally deciding on a Wii.
    Reading this thread and a few other oldies really helped me decide what to do. The Wii is far more beneficial and we can avoid many of the "killing" games that I despise. Wife and grandfather have even thrown some casts, shot some deer and hit some ping pong balls. Just Dance is making me sweat, which I need.
    I got an good used system and lots of wheels, golf clubs, rackets, etc, for $175. Even with the original box and manuals.
    Thanks for the info, SJ posters. I was in the dark before this winter, really.
    Even though this stuff came out in 2006-07, it's brand new and fun for us.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted