1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video game thread — XBox, Wii and PS3

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by mannheimadler, Dec 8, 2006.

1. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I have been playing video games for 20+ years now (ugh) and the 360 is the most fun I've ever had playing. I'm thoroughly addicted to it.

A few of you are already on my friends list, but if anyone else wants to play, my gamertag is (surprise!) StormSurge.

2. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

I'll likely buy a 360 when GTA4 comes out, but even then I'll wait until it GTA4 goes on sale. Right now, the Wii is the thing, and I'm thinking of getting Madden and the new Simpsons game when it comes out.

3. Re: Video game thread — XBox, Wii and PS3

All I have is a Nintendo DS. Very useful on state tournament trips with lots of downtime. Mario is a must. I also have some strategy games that take a while to play. For just a few minutes of play, I have some of the brain puzzles and a hold 'em poker game. The surgery game is pretty cool as well.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I'm sticking with my PS2 and XBox for a while yet. The original XBox is more or less dead as far as new games, but I think the PS2 will hang around a while longer. Sony is supposed to be doing some sort of redesign for this Christmas, and that combined with the fact that PS3 sales are flatter than a prepubescent girl's chest, might lead them to support the more-popular PS2 a bit longer. I doubt we'll get a ton of earth-shattering new games (God of War 2 was probably the last), but we might get another year of things like the EA sports games.

5. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Anyone care to exchange Wii friend codes? Let me know.

6. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

Try again, Mizzou. The average age of a video gamer is 28, which neatly explains why the video game stock in my IRA has doubled.

My wife lucked out finding a Wii; she was in Target when they just happened to crack open a box full of them. She walked over to the counter and said, "Can I have one of those? Yes, those right there."

It's a blast. We spent much of Christmas bowling on the Wii Sports, that is, when my daughter wasn't creating a Wii army of characters. As I type this, my son is playing Mario Party 8. Eventually, I'll take on the golf game.

Have the PS2 for the sports games and Medal of Honor, which is the best video game I've ever played. And my son has the 360, which he plays Rockband and the Star Wars games on.

7. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

My Wii code:

6315 3235 8301 2631

8. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Echo Medal of Honor- great game. Just started to get into the multi players games which are a hidden treasure of the MOH series.

9. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

embassy row, added yours

mine is

1972 4670 9975 8257

10. Sorry to resurrect this thread, but I need some help with Wii codes. I have my code and I gave it to a friend, who gave me his. I entered it into my "address book" and he entered mine, but we've been waiting to register or whatever for a month. Am I supposed to do something else? My Wii is on the net (wireless), and so is his.

11. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Not sure what to tell you. Didn't take me long to add Hoops. Did you try sending him a message from the address book?

12. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

I have another question: I'm not at all a gamer, until I played Rock Band with some friends the other day.

I can't live without this anymore. But, Wii is my preference, and I understand you can't get Rock Band with it. Is this true, and if so, will it be changing at all

Draft saved Draft deleted