1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Video editing software help

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by AndTheCrowdGoesBoo, May 3, 2010.

1. I do a lot of videos for our website. I use Windows Movie Maker because it's free and it's what I have. But the graphics options suck. I'd like to create my own graphics to incorporate our logo. I don't believe you can do that in Movie Maker (if you know how to, please let me know!).

Are there any free video editing software that allow you to incorporate your own graphics? Thanks for your help!

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

I don't of a free one. If a newspaper can't even purchase Final Cut Express, it shouldn't have videos.

Does anyone think a Windows Movie Maker movie really drives traffic?

3. Isn't Final Cut Express a Mac-only program?

4. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

Adobe Premiere Elements is less than a $100.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

Final Cut Express should cost about the same, but is only for Mac. If the only option is to edit on a PC, Premiere Elements worked fine for me in the past.

Boo, if you've got any extra questions, feel free to PM me. I've worked a lot with both.

Draft saved Draft deleted