1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Victory is mine!!

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by DoctorFace, Jan 6, 2011.

1. DoctorFace

DoctorFace New Member

Sorry. Just needed to gloat.

A big story regarding a nearby college football program fell into my lap. That happens all of the time, of course, all over the country.

But, you see, I am a freelance columnist for a local free weekly and the local newspaper (where I was fucked over for a number of years before being, mercifully, laid off) and television station (where I landed after said fucking and layoff) are clueless and are going to be left holding their dicks.

I win! They lose!

2. Stitch

Stitch Active Member

OK. What can you do for me today?

3. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Are you going to sell the scoop then? Post it on your own website? What?

4. DoctorFace

DoctorFace New Member

The story I wrote about the whole thing comes out in next week's issue. DoctorFace, FTW!

5. zebracoy

zebracoy Guest

BLOGS!

6. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Are you the warrior?

7. Victory is mine! Victory is mine! Great day in the morning, people. Victory is mine.
    I drink from the keg of glory, Donna. Bring me the finest muffins and bagels in all the land.

[Josh Lyman]

Just an excuse for a West Wing quote. Carry on, people.

8. terrier

terrier Well-Known Member

Actually, I like the Kenny Mayne variation: I am the King! Bring me your finest meats and cheeses!

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I hope the local paper and TV station don't get the story and report it before your paper comes out, Doc.

10. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Banking on a optimism for you, I hope when the paper and television station read your scoop and say "HTF did we miss that?" they will credit your paper in their reports.

It is a good feeling when you can pull off something like this. Be working on the follow-up now.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Doc doesn't appreciate you being a killjoy, Ace.

12. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[​IMG]
    Professor Chaos flooding South Park by leaving the garden hose on.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted