1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vicodin is the GREATEST, man!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 28, 2009.

1. I Digress

I Digress Guest

I will not look at it, but enjoy the pills...

2. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

Vicodin is nice. I needed some emergency surgery last April and they shot me up with morphine in the ER. That was very, very nice. When they figured out it was the gall bladder, they switched to Demerol, which managed the pain fine. But not the warm fuzzies like the morphine. I can see why some people dig the opiates a little too much.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay, vicodin ain't for me. Woke up at about 3a, sick as a dog. Feeling okay now (well, except for the leg pain) but the next time I hobble around the apartment, the rest of the pills are getting flushed. Probably why I don't like to drink until inebriation, too. Even a slight loss of motor control and the head fucking goes AWOL.

4. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

When I was on them for my wisdom teeth, after the first day I cut them in half. A whole one fucked with me. A half was about right.

5. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Eh, maybe I'll give that a shot. I'll give them this: they did make watching Donnie Darko last nite really trippy.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

You could watch The Big Lebowski without Vicodin and still have the same effect.

7. RossLT

RossLT Guest

Nice.

And Percocet is better. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. shockey

shockey Active Member

i wish vicodin or any of its relatives worked for me. it's never gotten me high or anything along the lines of loopy... and i've tried 'em all: vic, percoset, etc.

now i'm up to omething called "opana," which i supposed to be super-strong shit. all it does for my screaming ankle is dull the pain a bit. never makes it go away completely or make me even a little bit out of it.

sigh. :( :( :(

i've just begun a new course of p.t., hoping that working on the muscles on the outside of my ankle can take the pressure off the angry nerves. i broke the ankle shortly after 9/11 and had a titanium plate inserted. pain started flaring up in '05 or so, until i finally had surgery last october to remove the plate.

that didn't help, either, and have been on pain meds from vic to this opana ever since. i yearn for a pain-free existence.

keep that in mind if my posts sometimes seem snarky, friends. pain can have an unfortunate impact on one's disposition. even a charmer like me. ;) ;) ;)

9. RossLT

RossLT Guest

I had surgery on my eye (fractured eye socket) back in 2001 and the docs gave me Percocet, I fell in love with that stuff.

10. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Lots of glowing recommendations. Seems like SportsJournalists.com is in line for an episode of Intervention :)

11. ArnoldBabar

ArnoldBabar Active Member

I've always thought if I could watch that movie high it would all make sense.

12. I Digress

I Digress Guest

After Hours is really weird when you're stoned, especially when you think you're watching Repo Man.

Draft saved Draft deleted