1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vicodin is the GREATEST, man!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Killick, Mar 28, 2009.

1. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Pardon me while I whimper in public. Slight accident involving a tipping bookcase with a sharp corner this morning. It was not pretty. Cut a groove in my lower leg before ripping -- RIPPING! -- a three-inch vee. Blood everywhere. Skin flap. Gross.

Emergency room, where it took a thorough cleaning and 15 stitches to put me back together. Even the doc said "Eww." I tried to watch the administrations, but almost puked so I opted to look away while they did their magic.

Now, for the gore: pic at http://www.twitpic.com/2jvzl if you're so inclined to be grossed out. My leg was already swollen and bruised at this point, and the doc had just rolled the "vee flap" back into place. Ugh.

So, I now have a nice hospital bill coming and a throbbing leg that I have to keep elevated for a few days. But at least I got the Vicodin. Hate the stuff -- had one years ago and felt fuzzy for days -- but today I'm grateful for it. Just took my first a few minutes ago, and feeling loopy already.

After a helluva day, it's going to be a very peaceful night, I think.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Asked Stoned Killick.

:D And now you'll have fantasies about Cutty and Cameron, and become an even bigger a-hole. ;)

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

Cool, an "Ask Stoned Killick" thread!

Seriously, hope the vikes keep you comfy while you heal quickly ...

Add: dammit, dools ...

4. Killick

... and that's different than usual, how? Though, I'd rather it be about Cameron and 13. And I'm not sure if I can be a bigger asshole. I try pretty hard, but think I've hit the glass ceiling. :p

5. Precious Roy

Precious Roy Active Member

Oh come on Killick, suck it up. :)

I've been on Oxycontin (40 mg) twice a day and Lortab (7.5 mg) four times a day for the last two months due to my herniated back disc.
    I have surgery April 7, FINALLY after months of doctors not knowing what to do with me since it was a car accident.

But seriously, I feel for you. Get better and keep that leg elevated.

Anyway, my question to you is this...

How much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
    Always wondered

6. Killick

Chcuk ckc chukc ccchukkitty, cuch, ckuch. Jesus, I'm a lightweight. Thank God they didn't go for the Oxy or I'd be a Republican by now.

7. Precious Roy

Awesome!
    Wait, is that Cheney behind me?
    Crap!

8. Killick

Just realized the sliver lining to this. Yesterday, I finally found a Donnie Darko DVD and bought it. So, I get to watch a trippy movie cruising on the Vics. Awesome.

9. Killick

Hey! Another silver lining! The CBS announcing team isn't quite so bad with Vicodin!

10. Precious Roy

Now I know you are feeling it.

11. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

I can't even see what part of the leg that is. Gross.

12. waterytart

waterytart Active Member

Killick, I think it's time to have a medical/scientific question and tell the microbiologist she was the only person whose expertise you felt you could trust. ;)

Draft saved Draft deleted