1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick to speak to Congress

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by novelist_wannabe, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

holy crap, that's hilarious.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

that's it, dammit. I'll defend him no more. Rip away, all ye who would

3. CollegeJournalist

CollegeJournalist Active Member

I don't dislike Vick because he's a dick head. I dislike Vick because he's the most overrated professional athlete on the planet.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

If by overrated you mean the best damn athlete to ever grace the face of the earth, then sure, he's overrated.

5. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Actually, he was supposed to fly in Monday for the function Tuesday ...

Vick was re-booked on a 10:50 p.m. flight from Atlanta to Washington-Reagan and was notified of the change in flight arrangements, Hutcheson said. Vick did not show for the flight, and it left without him and with 33 empty seats, Hutcheson said.

Vick was scheduled to attend an 8 a.m. function with lawmakers and more than 100 members or supporters of Afterschool Alliance, a nonprofit advocacy group established to raise awareness for funding for after-school programs.

... So he still could have flown in Monday night, albeit later and with less sleep than he might have wanted before he went to the breakfast Tuesday morning. He simply decided it wasn't worth the hassle, apparently. Classy.

6. CollegeJournalist

Of course he's a great athlete. Doesn't mean shit. He's not a great QB, and I've never understood exactly why so many people try to make him out to be a great QB.

Sure, he's fast, and sure, he can throw a ball harder and farther than pretty much any QB in the NFL. But he's not a great QB.

And personally, after watching Bobby Petrino's offenses for the last several years, I'm not exactly sure how he's planning to use Vick. Mike's certainly not cut out of the same mold as the QBs that made Petrino's offenses so dangerous at Louisville.

I'll buy into the Mike Vick hype as soon as he gives me a reason to. Wake me up when he's either a) a real QB or b) catching passes from a real QB.

7. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I'll ammend my statement then: He is the best quarterback ever.

Ever.

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Sure, he is the best quarterback ever... to play for Virginia Tech.

He is not even the best black qb ever. I would rate him slightly higher then Kordell Stewart and below D. McNabb and Steve McNair. They have actually played in the Super Bowl.

And Doug Williams won the darn thing.

9. CollegeJournalist

There is a good possibility that he wasn't even the best quarterback on the Falcons the last two years.

10. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I know the Texans are praying that he was the second best.

11. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Some long-running jokes just never get old. They also go over the head of some of the newer people here.

12. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Got enough emmm's there, do ya?

Draft saved Draft deleted