1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick press conference at 11:30 a.m.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

So much so that he was toying with putting Shaub in at quarterback late last year?

2. JackyJackBN

JackyJackBN Guest

You guys sure are cynical.

As pups says, he gets his second chance the day he gets out of prison. I haven't watched any of his presser, so I don't know what he looked like making his statement. But I don't have anything to get off my chest. Fortunately for me, my kids are past the age where they need this explained.

In Southern Fried, Bill Fox has a short story about a kid whose hound fights a wildcat. If I remember correctly, the kid is badgered into having his dog put into the pit with the cat. It has a "happy" ending. Fox came from a poor white background growing up in SC, just post-WW II. If you want to see how attitudes have changed in 60 years or so, you might want to dig it up.

I grew up in small-town SC a few years after Fox, and never saw or heard about an arranged dog-fight. Or a pitbull either. That doesn't mean it wasn't happening.

If anyone takes this post as even tacit approval of dogfighting, pull your head out. I'm just ruminating about something I neither approve of nor understand.

3. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And he was ripped here at the time for being a cheap sonofabitch for such a small donation.

4. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

He operated a dogfighting ring. And when dogs didn't perform up to expectations, THEY WERE TORTURED TO DEATH.

There are dogfighters who think Michael Vick is scum.

5. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Neither Blank nor McKay would say ... no big surprise. My guess would be when the return of signing bonus money is settled, whether that's a week, a month or a year from now.

6. Mora's dad was half-right. Vick's not a coach killer, he's a dog killer.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

First of all, what does that have to do with Michael Vick being a bad guy. Secondly, Jim Mora was not toying with putting Schaub in as quarterback. The media was toying with putting Schaub in at quarterback.

8. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Capologists: If the Falcons get the signing bonus money back, do they still take a cap hit?

9. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

1. You said Mora "loved" Vick.
    2. Those rumors got into the media because they were planted there. Who do you think did that, Michael Vick?

10. sabrefan

sabrefan Member

I believe I read recently that if they get the money back, it gets credited to their 2008 cap

11. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

But if they released him, would they still take a cap hit of any sort? I'd say no, but what do I know.

12. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

1. Yes he did
    2. Uh.....first of all, there were no rumors. Mora always came out and said Vick was the quarterback. Secondly, the media started and talking about Michael Vick's passing and it escalated to "well what if Schaub was starting?".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.