1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Vick press conference at 11:30 a.m.

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by wickedwritah, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

Just my opinion. In this day and age anytime a celebrity is involved in a trial of any kind I'm highly, highly skeptical of the sincerity of his/her "supporters".

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

He rejects dogfighting when he's caught and busted. Otherwise...

3. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

I thought it was "reject" as in "I'll bankroll the gambling that's going on, but when my dog(s) win, I'll reject the winnings."

4. Boobie Miles

Boobie Miles Active Member

Don't these Stews realize that using Leonard Little or Jayson Williams to show that Vick is getting a raw deal flies in the face of their other argument that Vick's situation is influenced by race.

5. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Explaining it to your child, if you have to, is a benefit of Vick's demented sadism.

Son, athletes are nothing special when they aren't playing.

6. The thing is Vick is the same person today as he was when he was involved in dog fighting. Pleading guilty, saying you're sorry and even going to jail doesn't change the kind of person you are at heart. He's the same sick bastard who would do these types of things before, the only difference is he got caught.

It's not like he's going to wake up tomorrow and say, "Hey, I just realized dog fighting is morally wrong. It's cruel and barbaric. I've really, really been a bad person."

And screw all this "Give him a second chance" talk. He'll get his second chance the day he walks out of prison. That's his second chance. Since when does second chance mean automatically elevating somebody to the exact same position they were in before? That's not a second chance.

7. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Can't wait for the Falcons' presser.

8. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Not quite a source, because it's only tangically related and the source for this story may not be the most reliable, but I remember in Howard Stern's book how he was angling to get MJ on his show, and his PR woman called him and told him that he needed to organize "spontaneous" marches in the streets to support Jackson. Not exactly proof that the protesters at the courthouse were bought and brought by Jackson's spinners, but it goes to the mentality they were working with.

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Looks like Vince started that XFL a few years too soon.

10. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

"Did Michael Vick do something wrong?"

"Yes."

"Should he go to prison?"

"If that's what the law (says)."

Excuse me. I must now bang my head into a wall. It's less painful than listening to the ESPN idiots.

11. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm telling you guys, Mike Vick makes the cover of Blitz: The League in 2008 or 09, whenever he gets out of prison.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

USA Network, opening day of US Open tennis. Saving grace.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.