1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

vick on "60 minutes"

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Aug 16, 2009.

1. shockey

shockey Active Member

about to start. billed as his "first interview since prison." is this really still true after his presser in philly? and how pissed must the suits at cbs be that the signing/presser happened before james brown's "get?" ??? ??? ???

2. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

wow what a complete shock. 60 minutes of deception.
    no it is not his first interview since prison. not at all.
    but it's 60 minutes. the other interviews don't count.

3. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

"I could have stopped it. I could have shut the whole thing down."

Uh, Mike... how 'bout not starting it in the first place? Tool.

4. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

If he did the interview before the presser, it's still his first.

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

He was misled by people who sold him out to take him down.

Wonder when we get to the part about the guys holding guns to his head and forcing him to torture and slaughter the dogs?

6. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Thought James Brown did a great job.

Wife made a great point that he stumbled through speech with kids because he didn't really believe what he was saying.

7. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

He did the interview before the signing was announced.

8. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

Not a good showing by Vick. He either wasn't prepped well enough or he just doesn't get it (maybe both).

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

yeah, i get that the interview was conducted before he signed. still disingenuous to me to hype it that way when we've heard from vick in the interim, though.

also, shows how outdated "60 minutes" is that they still hold such a "get" until sunday, risking, exactly what happened. in the best sense of "journalism," the interview should have appeared in two parts on the "cbs nightly news," allowing that cbs has no other forum in which to air the entire thing.

methinks the wind was taken from the net's sails when he signed and did a q-and-a before the air date.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Yep. That part made me think he was full of shit.

11. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

So Vick didn't seem remorseful in the CBS interview?

Judging from the clips, I thought he handled himself fairly well at Friday's press conference.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

It sounded like everyone got what they wanted James Brown and CBS the get, and a chance to "hold him to account;" Vick gets the microphone for his public apology, the PR people get a nice check, but I didn't think the viewer learned much. He's sorry, okay. It was wrong. Fine.
    I was more interested in what his time in prison was like, how he went from NFL stud to Inmate No. 198019. What are his relationships like now with the people he ran the kennel with. Has he ever had a dog he didn't fight?
    Speaking to kids isn't going to get it done. Vick needs to find the people who are still fighting dogs and reach them.

Draft saved Draft deleted